Read about Strathmore University courses and fees in this article…
Strathmore is without a doubt one of the largest private universities in the country, providing a world-class education.
So, do you aspire to study at this prestigious institution?
Given that Strathmore University has produced graduates who have been praised by many employers in Kenya over the years, it is worthwhile to enroll in a course there.
So, to get you started, this article will outline Strathmore University courses as well as the fees for the courses offered.
Continue reading to the very end to find out more…
Strathmore University courses and fees
Strathmore University courses
Strathmore University offers the following programs, ranging from certificate courses to postgraduate programs:
- International Certification in Digital Skills (ICDL)
- Certificate in computer Applications (CCA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Certificate in Data Science
- Certificate in culinary arts
- Diploma in Business Creation and Entrepreneurship
- Diploma in Procurement
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Journalism and New Media
- Diploma in International Relations
- Diploma in Business Information Technology
Bachelor’s degree courses
- Bachelor of Tourism and Management
- Bachelor of Business Science: Financial Engineering
- Bachelor of Business Science: Actuarial Science
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology (BBIT)
- Bachelor of Arts International Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain and Operations Management
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics and Data Science
- Bachelor of Business Science: Finance Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Informatics and Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Networks and Cyber Security (BSc. CNS)
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism and Public Relations/ Journalism and Development Communication)
- Bachelor of Arts in Development Studies and Philosophy
- Bachelor of Financial Services
- Bachelor of Business Administration and Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelors of Law
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Hotel Management
Master’s degree courses
- Master of Science in Computing and Information Systems (M.Sc. CIS)
- Master of Science in Information Technology (M.Sc. IT)
- Master of Science in Statistical Science (M.Sc. SS)
- Master of Science in Mathematical Finance and Risk Analytics (M.Sc. MFRA)
- Master of Science in Biomathematics (M.Sc. BM)
- Master of Applied Philosophy and Ethics (MAPE)
- Master of Science in Education Management (M.Sc. EM)
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- Master of Science in Information Systems Security (M.Sc. ISS)
- Master of Management in Agribusiness (MMA)
- Masters in Public Policy and Management (MPPM)
- Master of Science in Development Finance (MDF)
- MBA – Healthcare Management (MBA-HCM)
- MBA for Executives
- Master in Hospitality Business Management (MHBM)
- Master of Science in Data Science and Analytics (M.Sc. DSA)
- Master of Science in Sustainable Energy Transitions (M.Sc. SET)
- Master of Arts in Diplomacy, Intelligence and Security (MDIS)
- Masters in Spectrum Management
- Master of Commerce (MCOM)
- PhD in Computer Science (PhD. CS)
- Doctor of Laws
Strathmore University courses – Entry requirements
Certificate course requirements
The majority of certificate courses at Strathmore University are typically designed for Form 4 leavers, so all you need is a KCSE certificate to enroll.
Diploma course requirements
To be admitted to any of the diploma programs, you must meet one of the following minimum requirements:
- A KCSE mean grade of C (plain) or its equivalent, or
- A certificate in a relevant study area from a recognized institution by the University Senate.
It’s worth noting that for some courses, such as the Diploma in Business Management, you must have at least a C (plain) in mathematics and English.
Bachelor’s degree course requirements
The entry requirements for degree programs differ depending on which course you wish to enroll in.
Needless to say, some courses (such as the Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management) require a KCSE mean grade of C+ (plus), whereas others (the majority of the courses) require a KCSE mean grade of B- (minus).
Master’s degree course requirements
- Be a holder of a First Class Honors degree or an Upper Second Class Honors degree in any relevant academic field from a recognized university.
- Be a holder of a lower second-class honors degree in any relevant discipline, as well as a postgraduate diploma or certificate from a recognized university and two years of post-graduation work experience.
PhD course requirements
You must have a master’s degree in the relevant field in addition to a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
📣 Hey there! Are you looking for the best courses, top colleges and universities, career guidance, and exciting scholarship opportunities in Kenya? Look no further! Join our Facebook page to stay up-to-date with all the latest information and insights on these topics.
So Please follow Kenya Education Guide on Facebook here for more updates about best courses in Kenya, best colleges and Universities in Kenya, Career choice options, Scholarships in Kenya, etc
Now proceed reading below..👇
Strathmore University courses and fees
Strathmore University fees
Strathmore University fee structures vary widely depending on the various courses offered.
Simply put, one year of study at Strathmore University will cost you anywhere from Kshs. 400,000 to over Kshs. 500,000 (per academic year).
Well, to point you in the right direction, here is the fee structure for some of the courses offered at Strathmore University:
Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Hotel Management
Course duration: Four years
First semester: Kshs. 190,332
Second semester: Kshs. 372,443
Total year 1: Kshs.562,775
First semester: Kshs. 182,662
Second semester: Kshs. 334,007
Total year 2: Kshs. 416,669
First semester: Kshs. 151,995
Second semester: Kshs. 303,410
Total year 3: Kshs. 455,405
Semester 1: Kshs. 151,995
Semester 2: Kshs. 282,225
Total year 4: Kshs. 434,220
TOTAL PAYABLE (ENTIRE COURSE): KSHS. 1,292,225
Similarly, the bachelor of law program will cost you Kshs. 2,051,438 for the entire course (8 semesters).
Now, to obtain a detailed fee structure for any of the courses, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the phone number listed at the end of this article.
Strathmore University courses and fees – other fees
It’s important to note that when applying for a degree course, you must pay an entrance exam (interview) fee of Kshs. 1,800.
Additionally, since accommodation and meals are not included in the fee structure, you should budget for them separately, as well as other course material expenses such as stationery.
So, make sure to budget for all expenses accordingly.
Strathmore University intakes
Strathmore University typically has two types of admissions: full-time students and part-time students.
So, intakes for full-time students typically take place in March and June, while those for part-time students take place in May and September of each year.
Strathmore University contacts
As we conclude, if you have any questions or require additional information about Strathmore University courses, particularly the fee structure, please contact the school using the following contact information:
Phone no.: 0703 034 000
Email address: email@example.com