Are you looking for the best agricultural colleges in Kenya? Well, we got you covered! Continue reading to find out which ones they are…
Agriculture has long been the backbone of both Kenya’s economy and the global economy.
In general, agriculture is the practice of cultivating the soil, growing crops, raising livestock, and marketing the products.
On the other hand, agriculture as a course is the theoretical study and practical application of farming, which involves many aspects of farming, such as crop cultivation and efficient livestock rearing.
In this regard, Kenya has a number of reputable agricultural colleges that are known for their high-quality agricultural education and research programs.
So, are you looking for the best agricultural colleges in Kenya?
If so, read this article all the way to the end to get informed information on which colleges to consider enrolling in for an agricultural course.
Let’s get started…
Best agricultural colleges in Kenya
1. Bukura Agricultural College
Bukura Agricultural College, located in western Kenya, is one of the best colleges in Kenya that specializes in agricultural training and research.
As a matter of fact, it offers a wide range of agricultural courses, including:
- Diploma in Agriculture and Biotechnology
- Diploma in Horticulture
- Diploma in Animal Production &Health Management
- Diploma in Agribusiness Management and Marketing
- Diploma in Agricultural Irrigation & Drainage Engineering
- Diploma in Agriculture Education & Extension
- Certificate in Agriculture & Community Development
- Certificate in Horticulture
Click here to apply for any of their courses.
Telephone no.: 020 350 5479 or 020 234 9265
If you are looking to specialize in the animal health and production sector, then AHITI Kabete is just the right and best college for you to pursue the course at.
AHITI Kabete Contacts:
Phone no.: +254 769 702 555 or +254 0100 995 985
3. Kenya School of Agriculture, Nyeri
Kenya School of Agriculture (formerly Wambugu Farm) is another excellent agricultural school that is licensed by TVETA to provide certificate and diploma courses in general agriculture, sustainable agriculture, and agriculture extension.
It should also be noted that the school also has branches in Ainabkoi, Nakuru, and Thika (Thika School of Agriculture).
Kenya School of Agriculture contacts:
Phone: 020 263 7367
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Baraka Agriculture College
Baraka Agriculture College is yet another agricultural college located along Molo-Kericho Road in Nakuru, Kenya.
It offers TVET-accredited diploma and certificate programs, including:
- Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development
- Dairy farm management
- Horticulture producer
- Apiculture (Beekeeping)
Click here to apply.
Phone no.: 0725 777 421
5. Kenya YMCA College of Agriculture and Technology (KYCAT)
This is another top agricultural college in Kiambu County, located along Limuru-Banana Road, next to Kentmere Club.
It was formally known as Limuru Agricultural Youth Centre.
In a nutshell, KYCAT is a locally and internationally recognized TVETA institution that offers diplomas, certificates, artisans, and short courses in general agriculture, food processing, and animal health and production, among other courses.
Phone no.: 0768 036 682/020 440 7999/0733 389 999
6. Kenya Institute of Organic Farming
This college is located in Juja, along the Thika-Superhighway, Kenya.
It exists for the benefit of the public at large by promoting rural development and education in organic agriculture and related marketing services.
This is through certificate and diploma programs in organic crop production, organic soil fertility maintenance, biomedicine, organic crop protection, livestock husbandry, animal feed, and nutrition.
Phone no: 0720 604 820
📣 Hey there! Are you looking for the best courses, top colleges and universities, career guidance, and exciting scholarship opportunities in Kenya? Look no further! Join our Facebook page to stay up-to-date with all the latest information and insights on these topics.
So Please follow Kenya Education Guide on Facebook here for more updates about best courses in Kenya, best colleges and Universities in Kenya, Career choice options, Scholarships in Kenya, etc
Now proceed reading below..👇
7. Sang’alo Institute of Science and Technology
The Sang’alo Institute is yet another public college in Kenya that has been designated as a National Centre of Excellence in Agriculture.
Now, the institute offers full-time and part-time courses ranging from artisan to certificate to diploma in general agriculture.
It also offers a diploma in entrepreneurial agriculture.
Location: Mt. Elgon, Along Bungoma-Nambacha Rd, Bungoma
Phone: 0711 158 158
8. Chuka Technical and Vocational College
Chuka CVC is another excellent college for general agriculture studies. It provides a certificate and diploma program in general agriculture.
For more information, please contact them at the following addresses:
Physical location: Located 8km along Chuka-Kareni (Kathwana) road, 5km off Kaanwa market towards Mwanjati, Tharaka Nithi County
Phone no.: 0724 898 092
9. NYS Yatta School of Agriculture
NYS Yatta School of Agriculture is a public TVETA-accredited college that offers agricultural craft certificate and diploma programs.
Among the courses available are:
- Crop production
- Animal production
- Agriculture economics
- Farm management
- Soil science
- Agriculture engineering
- Agricultural extension
For more information, you can visit the school along Garissa Road in Machakos County.
Alternatively, you can also contact them through the following channels:
Phone no.: +254 20 206 0029 or +254 20 206 0294
Email address: email@example.com
10.Manor House of Agriculture Centre
This is another agricultural college in Kitale, Trans-Nzoia County, located along the Kitale-Kinyoro Road.
Among the courses available are:
- Diploma in Ecological Agriculture
- Certificate in Ecological Agriculture
- Post-certificate Diploma in Ecological Agriculture
Phone no.: 0722 744 927 or 0731 483 793
A word on agricultural colleges in Eldoret
So, if you want to study in Eldoret for whatever reason, the Eldoret Technical Training Institute is a great option.
They do provide a variety of certificate and diploma courses in agriculture, including:
- General Agriculture & Extension Services
- Agricultural Engineering & Economics
- Entrepreneurial Agriculture & Agribusiness
- Sustainable Agriculture & Rural Development
- Agribusiness Development & Marketing
You can reach them at:
Phone: 0725 818 644
A word on the best agriculture university in Kenya
Egerton University, Kenya’s oldest and one of the top universities, is also one of the best universities in Kenya that provides agricultural education and extension.
Precisely, Egerton is Kenya’s premier agricultural university, making it the best choice for those interested in agricultural-related courses.
It offers a wide range of agricultural courses, from diploma to postgraduate level.
Among the agricultural courses available are:
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics
- Bachelor of Agribusiness Management
- Bachelor of Science in Soil Environment and Land Use Management
- Diploma in Horticulture
- Diploma in Farm Resource Management
- Diploma in Daily Technology
- Diploma in Animal Science and technology
- Diploma in Animal Health
- Doctor of Philosophy in Soil Science
- Doctor of Philosophy in Plant Breeding
- Doctor of Philosophy in Plant Biotechnology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Horticulture
- Doctor of Philosophy in Food Science
- Doctor of Philosophy in Dry Land Agriculture and Resource Management
- Masters of Science in Livestock Production Systems
- Masters of Science in Dry Land Farming
- Masters of Science in Animal Nutrition
- Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental and Social Sciences Research Methods
Here’s how to get in touch with Egerton University:
Location: Along Nakuru Mau-Narok Road
Phone no.: +254 701 772 844
Best agricultural colleges in Kenya – Final word
So, those are some of the best colleges in Kenya that offer agricultural courses.
Please keep in mind that the courses mentioned for each institute are only a sample of what is available; for a complete list of courses, please visit their websites.
Now, if you need to apply for any of the agriculture courses, please do so online through the institution’s website, or simply contact the institution using the contact information provided for each for more guidance.