Here is all you need to know about the KUCCPS changing courses program (for those unhappy about the courses invited to after previous courses application)….
It is official: the KUCCPS 2020 placement results are out and we wish to congratulate all those placed into the courses and institutions they had hoped for.
We also have good news for those unlucky to be invited into programs they feel unhappy about: the KUCCPS change of course window for is coming up in the coming days and you’ll have one last opportunity to get placement into your dream course and/or institution by making inter college transfer or inter university transfer request (accompanied by an application to change course as you may wish) .
Keep reading to understand the KUCCPS courses transfer process fully and the requirements..
Update 1: If you have been placed successfully to a university/college and you wish to change your course/institution, the inter institutional transfer window opens in on June 15 2020. Those interested should visit the KUCCPS website www.kuccps.ac.ke and begin their KUCCPS inter university transfer 2020 /college/course change.
KUCCPS changing courses program: what you need to know about kuccps inter institution transfer 20202021
First, you can only change the course you were admitted into under two arrangements:
- The inter-institution transfer
- Inter faculty transfers
Let’s look at how each of the two options works:
The inter-institution transfer (IIT)
This option is open for 2020 KCSE candidates who wish to change to an institution different from where they were placed and to a different course.
What you should keep in mind is that the transfers will be availed on the KUCCPS portal for both courses and institutions very soon (we will announce the dates here as soon as KUCCPS makes it public).
The other thing to remember is that you have a strict deadline within which to apply and you must adhere to the specified date for your transfer application to be considered.
KUCCPS transfer 20202021 application Procedure
- Visit kuccps.net. and log in with your KCSE index no. and your usual password.
- Click on the Transfers Tab at the top
- Click on select programme
- Now select the course you wish to be transferred to and type the programme code in the inter institution transfer space.
- Now type the reason for transfer (Hint: give a convincing reason). You may be required to upload supporting documents depending on the explanation you give). Also, note that the reason you give for transfer must not be below 300 characters.
- Fill in the remaining information including the endorsement information by the receiving and releasing institutions.
- Pay the quoted IIT transfer processing fee ( 1000) following the instructions given in the portal (KUCCPS MPESA PayBill No. is 820201). You’ll get a message confirming the payment from both KUCCPS and MPESA.
Points to note
- You can only proceed with payment if you have met the course cutoff points and cluster requirements.
- The whole process is, in fact, automated and it’s not necessary to print the filled KUCCPS transfer form.
- Carefully read and follow every instruction provided in the portal.
- It’s important to monitor the portal and follow up with KUCCPS and both the institution you want to be released from and the receiving college/university. Call them all after you complete filling the form because you risk hanging in the air if the deadline passes without approval. And don’t tire of calling and following up until you’re assured of a place.
- You’ll get a notification when the transfer has been successfully completed.
- This applies only to those unhappy with the course they were invited to after KUCCPS second revision 2020 and applies to all courses- KUCCPS diploma courses, certificate, and degree programs.
Inter faculty transfers
Inter faculty transfers are helpful to those who have been admitted into their preferred college/university and only have an issue with the course.
The key thing to have in mind here is that you have to wait until you join the institution then request for the transfer of course through your college’s registrar office.
Of course, you MUST meet the minimum requirements to be accepted.
The best news is that there’s no payment needed as it doesn’t involve KUCCPS anywhere.
Plus, it may even take one day to complete the change of course.
KUCCPS changing courses program 2020 – Frequently asked questions
A continuing student, can I change the institution?
Yes you can. If, for example, you’re a first year and wish to change, just log into the portal and apply.
The only disadvantage for those going for the KUCCPS transfers for continuing students program is that you’ll have to restart college afresh (it’s like you have clicked the reset button).
Am I supposed to travel to both institutions?
As earlier mentioned, you’re not required to visit any institution as the course transfer process is fully done online.
How long will it take for one to be admitted to another institution after transferring?
You’ll be notified via the portal and SMS.
Can I be absorbed into a course that I’ve missed the cluster points by a small margin only?
You can only be eligible if you satisfy the minimum points as published in the KUCCPS courses and cluster points guidelines.
I have already paid through MPESA but the assigned code still cannot go through the system. What should I do?
Give the portal a bit of time then retry.
There are delays on the odd occasion, especially during weekends.
When can I apply for the transfer from one institution to another?
Wait for the portal to open for the transfers. We shall announce the KUCCPS transfer dates as soon as KUCCPS publishes them.
How do I change course after placement?
We have explained everything above. Please read again.
Can one transfer from one university to another in Kenya?
Yes, of course. Follow the steps explained earlier.
KUCCPS changing courses program 2020 – how to get help
For further help, contact KUCCPS through the KUCCPS helpline numbers 020 5137400/0723 954 927/ 0734 879 662.
Also use the above KUCCPS contacts details for any other KUCCPS admission enquiry.
KUCCPS changing courses – key takeaways
You must give good reasons for changing course to make the process smooth.
Otherwise, you’ll be stuck there since the portal won’t allow you to move on without a persuasive explanation.
Something else: observe the deadline (the portal remains open for transfers and change of courses for two months -upto August) and make a follow up with KUCCPS and the two institutions after applying to fast-track approval.