So, is Afya Elimu loan open for first time applicants? well, if this is what you would like to find out, then you are in the right place.
Just before we find out If Afya Elimu loan is open, I will start by letting you know what we are talking about.
Afya Elimu is the ‘HELB’ loan fund offered to needy students pursuing pre-service medical training at mid-level for example diploma & certificate level only) .
So, when you join KMTC and you need financial support this is the loan to go for.
Now, let’s find out about the loan below.
Is Afya Elimu loan open for first time applicants?
To be precise, the answer to your question is NO! it is not open.
In fact, the application was open from 4th October, 2023 until September 30, 2023.
Therefore, you have the whole October and September to process your application and express your interest in funding your college education but if you did not do so the application is now closed.
Side note: Please not that this fund does need application fee…it is free of charge to apply.
How to know if Afya Elimu loan is open
Well, this loan is usually open at different times of the year.
Additionally, it is also announced through radios and TVs.
What are Afya Elimu fund qualifications?
- You only qualify for this loan if you are a student enrolled at mid-level medical training colleges and faith-based medical training learning institutions recognized by the Ministry of Education.
- Have a duly filled Afya Elimu loan application form.
- Your KCSE certificate
- National Identification Card
- Your School leaving certificate
- The recent Training Institution Academic Transcripts
- Your Current fee statements
- And a Copy of letter of admission
- Also, you must be a Kenyan Citizen with a residential Status in Kenya
- You must also demonstrate financial need
- Be a student in your 1st, 2nd or 3rd year…meaning in your 4th year you can’t get the loan.
- Must provide copies of required supportive documents
- Upon completing your studies, you must commit to serving for at least three years in any County/District, marginalized or hard-to-reach areas.
- Also, you must be willing to abide by the bonding mechanism in the loan & scholarship program.
- Again, you must commit to abide by the loan repayment and monitoring procedures and provide academic progress reports and reference letters from the institution every year to maintain funding for the ongoing period of study
📣 Hey there! Are you looking for the best courses, top colleges and universities, career guidance, and exciting scholarship opportunities in Kenya? Look no further! Join our Facebook page to stay up-to-date with all the latest information and insights on these topics.
So Please follow Kenya Education Guide on Facebook here for more updates about best courses in Kenya, best colleges and Universities in Kenya, Career choice options, Scholarships in Kenya, etc
Now proceed reading below..👇
Steps to apply for the Afya Elimu fund
- Visit the official HELB Afya Elimu loan portal to register.
- Alternatively, you can use the HELB app, downloaded from your phone’s nbut you can only do this if you have registered your number.
- Now, read the license agreement and accept it once you comprehend the terms.
- Here, proceed to register using your national ID and a valid email address.
- Once you have successfully registered, head to the “loan” tab and choose certificate or diploma options.
- Moving on, click on “apply” for the Afya Elimu Fund (AEF) second and subsequent loans.
- At this point, verify your details by entering your registered mobile phone and national ID numbers.
- Now, review the financial literacy questions on your screen and verify if your loan details are accurate.
- If yes, go on and finish the application process by clicking “Submit”.
- After submitting, a confirmation message will pop up informing you that you have completed the application.
- Also, a loan serial number will pop up.
- You will get further communication regarding the loan on the portal and the contacts you provided during registration.
Afya Elimu loan repayment
When to repay your loan
As an undergraduate, you are expected to start paying your loan within one year of completion of studies.
However, you can make voluntary payments before or after you complete your studies to reduce your loan balance.
What next after you have completed paying your loan?
Upon completion of loan repayment, you should now seek for clearance from HELB.
Here, HELB shall confirm your loan repayment completion by issuing certificate of clearance.
Now, what if I over pay my loan?
Well, if this happens, you will receive a refund from HELB.
But please note that you must fill in the form requesting for the refund of the overpayment.
What are the loan repayment method?
To pay your loan, you can use any of the two methods below:
- Local repayment methods.
- Diaspora repayment methods
For more details on payment process kindly see here in their website.
Final words on Is Afya Elimu loan open for first time applicants?
As we finalize, Afya Elimu loan has made it easy for needy study to study without much financial struggles in Kenya.
Therefore, if you are planning to take a medical course at KMTC but you are worried because of financial problem this got you covered.
However, remember that you have to process your application before the deadline.
Also, it is worth noting that HELB Afya Elimu fund application is paperless, and therefore you do not require to print any forms.
Importantly, all you need as confirmation of your application is the loan serial number, which you will also get through SMS.