If you are one of those aspiring individuals who want to turn their passion for flight into a rewarding career, the diploma in aeronautical engineering in Technical University of Kenya could be the perfect starting point for you.
So, keep reading to learn more about the course requirements, fee structure, and much more.
Diploma in aeronautical engineering in Technical University of Kenya
The diploma in aeronautical engineering program at the Technical University of Kenya provides a unique opportunity to delve into the exciting world of aerospace technology.
As an aspiring engineer, you will gain a thorough understanding of aircraft design, maintenance, and operation, laying the groundwork for a successful career in the aviation industry.
Also, keep in mind that TUK’s diploma program provides the following options:
- Airframes and Engines
Diploma in aeronautical engineering in Technical University of Kenya – course requirements
If you are a Form 4 graduate, you must have the following KCSE scores:
KCSE mean grade of C (plain)
Cluster subject requirements:
In addition to your overall grade, you must meet the minimum requirements in the following cluster subjects as well:
- Mathematics C- (minus)
- Physics C (plain)
- Chemistry C (plain)
- English/Kiswahili C (plain)
You can also apply for a diploma in aeronautical engineering at TUK if you have a pass in craft certificate in aeronautical engineering or any related craft course.
Diploma in aeronautical engineering in Technical University of Kenya – Course outline
The TUK diploma in aeronautical engineering course structure typically consists of a combination of theoretical and practical subjects related to aircraft design, maintenance, and aviation principles.
The course units are as follows:
- Mathematics for Engineering
- Physics for Engineering
- Engineering Drawing
- Computer Programming
- Introduction to Aeronautical Engineering
- Basic Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Engineering Materials and Processes
In year 2:
- Aircraft Structures
- Aircraft Systems
- Aircraft Performance
- Aircraft Design and Manufacturing
- Propulsion Systems
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Thermodynamics
In year 3:
- Flight Dynamics and Control
- Aircraft Maintenance and Repair
- Avionics and Instrumentation
- Aircraft Stability and Control
- Aerodynamics of Compressible Flow
- Aircraft Engines and Propellers
- Project Work or Industrial Attachment
TUK diploma in aeronautical engineering fees
In this section, we will look at the approximate cost of the diploma course at TUK.
Remember that fees are subject to change at any time, so check with the institution before submitting your application.
So, the course takes three years (6 semesters) to complete, and the following are the estimated fees per semester.
Semester 1: Kshs. 108,500
Semester 2: Kshs. 71,500
Semester 1: Kshs. 126,500
Semester 2: Kshs. 89, 500
Semester 1: Kshs. 144,500
Semester 2: Kshs. 107,500
📣 Hey there! Are you looking for the best courses, top colleges and universities, career guidance, and exciting scholarship opportunities in Kenya? Look no further! Join our Facebook page to stay up-to-date with all the latest information and insights on these topics.
So Please follow Kenya Education Guide on Facebook here for more updates about best courses in Kenya, best colleges and Universities in Kenya, Career choice options, Scholarships in Kenya, etc
Now proceed reading below..👇
Technical University of Kenya typically accepts students in September of each year.
And, as of now, their 2023 intake is still open, so apply now!
How to apply
You can apply for a diploma in aeronautical engineering at TUK either online or in person, depending on your preference.
If you want to make an online application, do the following:
- Create an account by logging into the TUK application portal.
- Enter your personal information.
- Enter your academic credentials and upload scanned copies of your academic certificates or result slips (result slips should be from exams taken within the last two years).
- Pay the Kshs. 2000 application fee using the Mpesa paybill provided (the payment will be confirmed automatically after 24 banking hours).
- Return to the portal after 24 hours, log in, and select the diploma in aeronautical engineering as your preferred program of study.
- Lastly, submit your diploma in aeronautical engineering program and wait for the selection process to be completed.
Alternatively, you can simply go to the Technical University of Kenya and get your application letter, fill it out, and then return it.
Career opportunities with a diploma in aeronautical engineering
A diploma in aeronautical engineering can lead to a variety of career opportunities in the aviation and aerospace industries.
Some of the potential career paths for someone with a diploma in aeronautical engineering are as follows:
- Aerospace Engineering Technician
- Flight Operations Specialist
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician
- Avionics Technician
- Aircraft Manufacturing Technician
- CAD Technician
- Quality Control Inspector
- Ground Support Equipment Technician
- Aviation Maintenance Planner
- Aircraft Sales And Customer Support
- Aviation Safety Officer
- Aviation Consultant
Remember that, while a diploma is a valuable qualification, it is important to continually upgrade your skills and knowledge through experience and further your education in order to access more advanced and specialized roles in the aerospace industry.
Therefore, you should consider advancing to a bachelor’s degree in aeronautical engineering or a related field for better opportunities.
Technical University of Kenya contact information
Finally, if you want more information and application details, please contact the institution using the following information:
Physical location: Along Haile Selassie Avenue, Nairobi.
Postal address: P.O. BOX 52428-00200, Nairobi, Kenya.
Telephone no.: 020 221 9929, 020 334 1639, or 020 334 3672