Are you looking for MKU diploma in education primary option? Well, if you answered yes to tis question then you are in the right place.
Just so you know, if you are planning to take a diploma in education primary option in MKU this means that you would like to become a primary school teacher.
And since education is embraced in Kenya and beyond, therefore this is a good course since schools will keep opening day in day out creating jobs opportunities for those taking the course.
Having said that, we will go ahead and look for diploma in education primary option courses offered in MKU in this article plus the requirements for each.
MKU diploma in education primary option
So, does MKU offer diploma in education primary option?
The answer here is a NO! MKU does not offer a diploma in education primary option.
However, there are other diploma in education you can enroll in that we will look at below to better guide you.
Diploma in education courses offered in MKU
- Diploma in Special Needs Education
- Diploma in Early Childhood Studies
Therefore, it should be noted that those are the only courses you can enroll in for a diploma in education primary option.
Now, let us look at each course entry requirements, fee, mode of learning and more details below.
MKU diploma in Special Needs Education
So, what is the course all about?
Good question here!
A Diploma in Special Needs Education is a specialized program that provides you with training and education for how to work with individuals with special needs or disabilities.
In short, this diploma program typically covers a wide range of topics related to special education, teaching strategies, and so on.
Minimum entry requirements
- KCSE mean grade of C plain or its equivalent
- In addition, you must have a C plain in two teaching subjects
Mode of study:
- Full time
- 7 Trimester when studying full time
- 8 semester DIBel
- Ful time -KShs. 27,000 per trimester
- DIBel – 8 Semesters KShs. 27,000 per semester
📣 Hey there! Are you looking for the best courses, top colleges and universities, career guidance, and exciting scholarship opportunities in Kenya? Look no further! Join our Facebook page to stay up-to-date with all the latest information and insights on these topics.
So Please follow Kenya Education Guide on Facebook here for more updates about best courses in Kenya, best colleges and Universities in Kenya, Career choice options, Scholarships in Kenya, etc
Now proceed reading below..👇
MKU diploma in Early Childhood Studies
What the course entails
Well, this is a diploma course that is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to work with young children.
Just so you know, this program focuses on understanding child development, early education, and the various aspects of childcare.
Minimum entry requirements
KCSE mean grade of C or its equivalent
Alternatively, with a certificate in ECD from a recognized institution you can enroll for this course.
Mode of study
- Electronic Learning (DIBel)
- 7 Trimesters
- 7 Trimesters KShs. 24,550 per trimester Distance
Institution-Based & Electronic Learning (DIBel) KShs. 24,000 per trimester
MKU diploma in education primary option [Application process and attachment]
To apply, you can either apply through KUCCPS as a government sponsored student or apply directly to the institution through MKU website as a self-sponsored student.
Documents needed during application
- A copy of your KCSE certificate/result slip (certified).
- 2 passport size photographs (certified and must be taken recently)
- A copy of your ID Card (certified)
- A copy of your School Leaving Certificate(certified).
- One copy of any Co-curricular Activity Certificates you have obtained from your secondary school(certified).
Application through KUCCPS
- Start by visiting the KUCCPS website on net portal
Side note: Please note that you can only apply when the portal is open (when the portal is open)
- Now, log in aby entering your KCSE Index Number, the year you sat for your KCSE, and your password (it usually either KCPE Index or Birth Certificate Number).
- Next, revise or just make a new course application by clicking on the Application/revision tab on KUCCPS website.
- Here, confirm whether you have qualified for the course, you have selected.
- Finally, finish the process by submitting only if you have qualified for the course.
Application directly through MKU
With the application documents, go ahead and apply following all the steps and instruction on the application form.
Just like any other institution offering teaching courses, you must go for teaching practice before you are employed.
Therefore, during your studies, you must be attending teaching practice as required by MKU.
Remember, the institution does not help you get the institution to go for teaching practice.
Therefore, when necessary, you will have to find for an institution to go for the teaching practices.
Institutions offering diploma in education primary option
For both private and public colleges offering diploma in education primary option, kindly check the article we had previously written about Colleges offering diploma in education primary option
As we sum up, those are MKU diploma in education primary option you can enroll in MKU.
Also, it should be noted that you must get a TSC number after completion of your courses so that you will be in a position to be employed by TSC.