Here are the requirements for diploma in education secondary option (diploma in education secondary option qualification)
So, read this article to learn about all you need to know before enrolling for the course including some of the institutions offering the course.
Also, it is worth noting that, for you to be fully qualified to become a secondary school teacher, you must be registered by TSC (Teacher service commission) and have a TSC number just like any other teaching course in Kenya.
Keep reading ……
Requirements for diploma in education secondary option (diploma in education secondary option qualification)
So, what are the qualification for diploma in education secondary option?
Well, for you to enroll for this course and teach in a secondary school in Kenya, below are the various TSC qualifications for secondary school teachers you must meet.
Diploma Secondary School Teachers including TSC requirements for diploma in education arts
Minimum entry requirements
- KCSE mean grade of C+ plus in your KCSE
- Additionally, you must also have a C+ plus in both your specialization subjects (teaching subjects).
- Mean grade of C plain in English
- Mean grade of C plain in math for science-based subjects and D+ plus in arts subjects.
Side note: If math is not your teaching subjects, please note that you will need a minimum score of C+ plus in the subjects
Other requirements for if you are a graduate with Diploma in Teacher Education in 2008/before
Well, if this is the case, you will be employed if you meet the following qualifications
- KCSE mean grade of C plain or above
- Also, you must have a minimum grade of C plain in English and C plain in math if you have a science -based diploma.
- Alternatively, if you have a non-science-based diploma, then you should have a D+ plus in math.
📣 Hey there! Are you looking for the best courses, top colleges and universities, career guidance, and exciting scholarship opportunities in Kenya? Look no further! Join our Facebook page to stay up-to-date with all the latest information and insights on these topics.
So Please follow Kenya Education Guide on Facebook here for more updates about best courses in Kenya, best colleges and Universities in Kenya, Career choice options, Scholarships in Kenya, etc
Now proceed reading below..👇
TSC requirements for secondary teachers- Additional requirements
Just to remind you, you must have a TSC number to be a secondary teacher and to stand a chance to be hired by TSC.
That being so, you must meet the following additional qualifications apart from those listed above.
- You must be a Kenyan citizen.
- You must not be more than 45 years old.
- You have to be a registered teacher by TSC and have a TSC number according to the provision of the TSC act, Section 23.
Institutions offering diploma in education secondary option in Kenya
Here, are some of the institutions where you can enroll for the course in Kenya.
Just so you know, it is advisable to take this course in a well-recognized institution in order to get the TSC number.
Remember, without the TSC number, you will not get a chance to teach any institution in Kenya as for the TSC roles and regulations.
- Kagumo TTC (Nyeri County)
- Kibabii teachers training college
- Lugari Diploma Teachers Training College
- MIT Teachers Training College (Machakos)
- Chuka university
- Karatina university
For the application process, you can either apply through KUCCPS through the KUCCPS portal as a government sponsored student (that is if the institution has this option)
However, if not, then you will have to apply through directly to the institution (this one, will depend on the institution).
Steps to apply through KUCCPS
- Visit the KUCCPS website on kuccps.net (you can only do this when the portal is open which is usually announced on the social media, TVS, Radio, newspapers or institutions websites)
- To “log in” Enter your KCSE Index Number, the year you did your KCSE, and your password (KCPE Index or Birth Certificate Number).
- Now, revise or just make a new course application as appropriate by simply clicking on the Application/revision tab on KUCCPS website.
- Lastly, confirm whether you have qualified for the course, you have selected and if yes finish the steps by submitting your application.
Requirements for diploma in education secondary option (diploma in education secondary option qualification)-Final words
If you are planning to enroll in a diploma in education secondary option, those are the qualifications to enroll and get employed for the course.
Remember, you must have a TSC number after completing the course to be hired as a secondary school teacher.
Additionally, your age is taken into consideration during application and employment.
Lastly, to enroll for the course, we have also provided you with recognized institution to pursue the course just contact or visit the institution for application detail and intakes.
All the best in your application!