So, how much is the KU application fee for prospective students?
Well, the amount you should pay as KU application fee depends on your nationality.
Specifically, for KU certificates, diploma, and undergraduate degrees, the fee is Kshs.2000 for East Africans (Kenyans included) and Kshs. 4000 for Non East Africans.
Likewise, the fee for masters and other postgraduate Kenyatta university courses (including postgraduate diploma in Education) is set at shs.2000 for Kenyan and other East Africans and at Kshs.4000 for those applying from outside East Africa.
The fee is, of course, non-refundable.
How to pay the KU application fee
You can pay via MPESA (strictly for KU online application) or the following Kenyatta University bank accounts (for those making physical applications):
- Co-operative Bank(Kenya)– A/c Number. 011-2906-246-1400
- National Bank of Kenya- A/c No. 010-0305-915-0801
- Equity Bank Limited – A/c No. 018-0290-518859
- Family Bank – A/c No. 045-0000-2331
Note that KU’s MPESA PAYBILL NUMBER is 892101. Type your ID number as the Account No.
How to get KU application form
You may download the KU application form here or get them from the main campus along Thika Superhighway (go to KU’s admissions block, Room Number 012).
For those who find the main campus a bit far, you can go for the forms from the nearest KU satellite campus/regional centre.
The centers are in the following towns:
- Nairobi City – KU Plaza, along Haile Sellasie avenue.
- Mombasa – KU Campus, Nkrumah Rd, Mombasa CBD.
- Kitui- The Center is just 2 kilometers from Kwa-Vonza Market (25 kms from Kitui Town), along the Kitui-Machakos Road
- Embu – The campus is within Ghanshayam Building, Patel Road, Embu Town, near Panesic Hotel.
- Garissa – The campus is hosted by the directorate complex along Garissa-Daddab rd, Garissa
- Kisumu – KU open and distance learning center is within Ecobank Towers, 1st Floor, Oginga Odinga Road, Kisumu
Remember to attach the payment slip to the application form together with the documents indicated below when returning the forms:
- Academic Transcripts/Certificates.
- 2 Passport photo (size 1’x1’).
- Identification documents, for example, a National ID Card/Passport.
Note that those paying through MPESA must indicate the MPESA reference number on the online form.
📣 Hey there! Are you looking for the best courses, top colleges and universities, career guidance, and exciting scholarship opportunities in Kenya? Look no further! Join our Facebook page to stay up-to-date with all the latest information and insights on these topics.
So Please follow Kenya Education Guide on Facebook here for more updates about best courses in Kenya, best colleges and Universities in Kenya, Career choice options, Scholarships in Kenya, etc
Now proceed reading below..👇
When to apply
We recommend that you present the filled forms to the admissions department in your nearest KU satellite center or the main campus for further assistance as soon as you are ready.
Having said that, the most important thing is to beat the application deadline (check the media for KU intake adverts and deadline)
Those applying online must also make a follow-up with any KU office to minimize the risk of being locked out, a real possibility if their applications are processed after the deadline has lapsed.
KU entry requirements
The minimum entry requirements as follows:
- Certificate Programmes- KCSE C- (Minus) mean grade or its equivalent.
- Diploma Programmes- KCSE C (plain) mean grade or its equivalent or a relevant certificate.
- Undergraduate Degree Programmes- KCSE C+ (plus) mean grade or its equivalent or a relevant Diploma.
- Masters Degree- Relevant first Degree with at least 2nd Class Honours-Upper Division or an equivalent from KU or any accredited Institution.
- PGDE requirements- Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BSC) degree from an accredited university in Kenya plus a C+ in two teaching subjects.
- PhD- A relevant Masters degree or an equivalent from KU or any accredited Institution.
Note that there may be additional special requirements on some courses.
For instance, for educational programmes, you must have attained a at least a C+ grade at the KCSE in your preferred teaching subjects.
On the same note, you may be required to show ability to conduct academic research by, for example, having written a quality thesis/dissertation when applying for postgraduate studies.
Kenyatta University Contacts
You can make enquiries about paying the applicable KU application fee or other Kenyatta university fees using the following official communication channels:
Kenyatta university address : Write to the Academic Registrar, Kenyatta University via P.O. Box 43844-00100, NAIROBI
Telephone numbers: Call 020 8703221/23 or 0780830830
Official website: www.ku.ac.ke