So, are there private colleges offering certificate in Nursing in Kenya?
Well, let’s find out in this article which has almost all the information you need to know about Private Colleges Offering Certificate in Nursing in Kenya.
But before then, it should be noted that nursing is a noble profession that plays a crucial role in providing compassionate care to patients and improving the overall well-being of communities.
That being so, you might be one of the many people who are interested in pursuing a Certificate in Nursing especially if you did not manage a direct entry to a university to study nursing in Kenya.
In this article, I will give you all the information you need to know about Private Colleges Offering Certificate in Nursing in Kenya.
Private Colleges Offering Certificate in Nursing in Kenya
To be precise, let me start by telling you that there are no private colleges offering certificate in nursing in Kenya as per now because the nursing council has not authorized any.
However, that does not mean that you can’t enroll for a certificate course in nursing in Kenya.
No! you can but this time I would advise you to enroll for this course at KMTC college which has been the primary provider of nursing education, offering various nursing courses, including a Certificate in.
Reasons why you should consider KMTC for a certificate course in nursing
- KMTC is a government institution that is trusted by the nursing council to train a certificate course in nursing.
- Also, KMTC is one of the colleges that is known for its dedication to producing competent and skilled nursing professionals which has earned them recognition and trust across the country.
- Additionally, the college often employs experienced and knowledgeable faculty members (who are experts in their respective fields) ensuring that you will receive proper guidance and mentorship throughout your studies.
- KMTC emphasizes practical training and clinical exposure, which is crucial for nursing students to gain hands-on experience and be better prepared for real-world healthcare settings.
- Graduates from KMTC often have good career prospects and that way the college’s reputation can give an advantage when seeking employment in various healthcare settings.
- Compared to some private institutions, KMTC’s fees are relatively more affordable, making it accessible.
Requirements to study certificate in nursing at KMTC
Well, for you to enroll for certificate in nursing at KMTC, you must meet the following entry requirements.
Minimum entry requirements:
- Mean Grade of C- (Minus) in your KCSE
Cluster Subjects requirements:
- C-minus in either English or Kiswahili
- C-minus in either Biology or Biological Sciences
Additionally, you must have scored a D+ plus in one of these Subjects:
- Physics/Physical Sciences
📣 Hey there! Are you looking for the best courses, top colleges and universities, career guidance, and exciting scholarship opportunities in Kenya? Look no further! Join our Facebook page to stay up-to-date with all the latest information and insights on these topics.
So Please follow Kenya Education Guide on Facebook here for more updates about best courses in Kenya, best colleges and Universities in Kenya, Career choice options, Scholarships in Kenya, etc
Now proceed reading below..👇
Certificate in Community Health Nursing Course at KMTC -Duration
As much as all certificate courses offered by KMTC takes a duration of 2 years, on the contrary, certificate in community healthy nursing takes 2 1/2 years to complete.
Important information you should know concerning Community Health Nursing Course at KMTC
- After completing your certificate in community nursing at KMTC, you can go ahead and upgrade your certificate in Community Health Nursing (KECN) course to a Diploma in Community Health Nursing.
- Importantly, it should also be noted that you will need to apply for registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK) after completing the course because you cannot be allowed to practice/upgrade without Registration by the NCK if you have not registered.
How to apply for certificate in nursing in KMTC?
To apply for any course offered by KMTC, you must do it online usually after intakes are announces in the social media platform such as newspaper, radio or even the KMTC website.
Side note: It should be noted that you must keep a close eye to the social media during the months of March & September which are usually the intake months to know when to apply.
Once announced, go to the KMTC application portal https://admissions.kmtc.ac.ke/public/index.php/login and register by filling in the necessary information as guided.
Quick notes: Make sure you confirm that you have applied for Certificate in Community Health Nursing (preservice) before submitting.
When the application is open, please make sure to apply as fast as possible before the deadline.
Private Colleges Offering Certificate in Nursing in Kenya-FAQS
1. How much does the Certificate in Nursing program cost in private colleges?
As we said earlier in this article, private colleges are not trusted to offer certificate courses in Kenya.
that being so, the only institution offering a certificate course in community health nursing is KMTC hose fee is Kshs. 80,700 per year exclusive of accommodation, food and attachment expenses.
2. Can I pursue further studies after completing the Certificate in Nursing program?
Yes, after completing the Certificate in Nursing program in KMTC, you can go ahead and further your education and career by pursuing a Diploma or even a Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
By so doing, you get an opportunity to become a registered nurse and access more advanced job opportunities and responsibilities.
3. Is the Certificate in Nursing program recognized?
If you pursue your certificate in nursing at KMTC, be assured that it is recognized.
Why do I say so? this is because only Certificate in Nursing program offered by reputable institutions are recognized by the Nursing Council of Kenya and KMTC is the only institution trusted by the nursing council to offer the course and you are eligible to apply for licensure and practice as Enrolled Community Health Nurses (ECHNs).
Wrapping up for Private Colleges Offering Certificate in Nursing in Kenya
As we wrap up, please keep in mind that there are no private medical colleges offering certificate in nursing in Kenya because the nursing council does not seem to trust any.
However, KMTC is the only institution trusted by the nursing council to offer certificate in nursing (certificate in community health nursing) so, it got you cover with a recognized certificate in nursing.
To contact KMTC for more information call 020-2725711/2/3/4, 020-2081822/3, 0737-352543 / 0706-541869 or, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Best of luck in your future endeavors!