If you are looking for colleges offering agriculture courses in Kenya, you are in the right place
Here, we will list the colleges plus some of the courses offered to better guide you when applying for the course that you like to pursue from artisan, certificate, diploma, degree, and masters.
But before I list the colleges, please not that an agriculture course can be one of the best courses of choice in Kenya since you can look for jobs or opt for self-employment.
In fact, agriculture still remains the most reliable way in Kenya to make a living making it a good course to pursue.
For colleges offering the course, kindly read this guide to the very last word.
Colleges offering agriculture courses in Kenya
- Kaguru Agricultural Training Centre- Meru
Agriculture courses offered:
- Poultry Broiler Production Operator level 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Horticulture Production level 3 and 4
- Horticulture Nursery Management
- Dairy Farm Management
- Agripreneurship level 2 and 3
- Eldoret Technical Training Institute-Eldoret
Certificate and diploma courses offered:
- Sustainable Agriculture & Rural Development
- Agribusiness Development & Marketing
- Agricultural Engineering & Economics
- Entrepreneurial Agriculture & Agribusiness
- General Agriculture & Extension Services
- Bukura Agricultural College- western Kenya
This is one of the agriculture colleges in Kenya that specializes in agricultural training and research.
Some of the courses offered:
- Certificate in Agriculture & Community Development
- Certificate in Horticulture
- Diploma in Animal Production &Health Management
- Diploma in Agribusiness Management and Marketing
- Diploma in Agricultural Irrigation & Drainage Engineering
- Diploma in Agriculture and Biotechnology
- Diploma in Horticulture
- Diploma in Agriculture Education & Extension
- Animal Health and Industry Training Institute (AHITI)-Kabete
This is a good college if you would like to learn about animal health and production sector.
- Kenya School of Agriculture
Kenya School of Agriculture formerly known as Wambugu Farm in Nyeri county is another agricultural school.
In fact, it is a college licensed by TVETA to provide certificate and diploma courses in general agriculture.
- Diploma in general agriculture
- Craft certificate in general agriculture
Side note: This college has other branches inNyeri, Ainabkoi, Nakuru and Thika
Other Colleges offering agriculture courses in Kenya
- St Dominic’s Technical & Agricultural Training Institute-Juja
This an agricultural institute that offers certificate and diploma courses in poultry farming, fishing farming and vegetable farming skills.
- Baraka Agriculture College-Molo Kericho
Some of the certificate and diploma agriculture courses offered:
- Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development
- Dairy farm management
- Horticulture producer
- Apiculture (Beekeeping)
- Kenya YMCA College of Agriculture and Technology (KYCAT)-Kiambu
Just so you know, this college was formally known as Limuru Agricultural Youth Centre.
The college offers some of the following artisan, certificate and diploma courses in:
- General agriculture
- Food processing
- Kenya Institute of Organic Farming-Juja
This college promote rural development and education in organic agriculture and related marketing services.
A few of the Certificate and diploma courses offered:
- Organic crop production
- Organic soil fertility maintenance
- Organic crop protection
- Livestock husbandry
- Animal feed, and nutrition
- Sang’alo Institute of Science and Technology- Bungoma
This is a public college in Kenya that is well known for the agriculture artisan, certificate, and diploma courses it offers.
A few of courses offered:
- Diploma in general agriculture
- Diploma in entrepreneurial agriculture
- Certificate in general agriculture
- Horticultural production level 3
- Horticulture nursery mgt. level 3
- Poultry hatchery level 3
- Artisan in general agriculture
- Chuka Technical and Vocational College-Chuka
This is yet another excellent college for general agriculture studies offering certificate and diploma Programmes.
Some of the courses offered:
- Diploma in general agriculture Module 1
- Diploma in general agriculture Module 2
- Diploma in general agriculture Module 3
- Craft certificate in general agriculture module1
- Craft certificate in general agriculture module 2
- NYS Yatta School of Agriculture-Machakos
This is yet another public TVETA-accredited college that offers agricultural courses in Kenya.
A few of the certificate and diploma courses offered:
- Agriculture engineering
- Agricultural extension
- Animal production
- Agriculture economics
- Farm management
- Crop production
- Soil science
- Manor House of Agriculture Centre-Kitale
Some of the agriculture courses offered:
- Certificate in Ecological Agriculture
- Post-certificate Diploma in Ecological Agriculture
- Diploma in Ecological Agriculture
How to apply for colleges offering agriculture courses in Kenya
Well, to apply for above courses, there are two options for you.
To start with, you can apply through KUCCPS for public colleges.
Simple steps to apply through KUCCPS
- First, visit the KUCCPS website on net portal that is when the portal is open which is usually announced online in the social media platforms.
- Next “log in” by entering your KCSE Index Number, year you did your KCSE, and your password (it usually either KCPE Index or Birth Certificate Number).
- Now, revise or just make a new course application where necessary by clicking on the Application/revision tab on KUCCPS website.
- Here, confirm whether you have qualified for the course you have selected and if yes finish the process by submitting.
You can apply directly through the institution of your choice website.
However, you can also visit the institution you would like to join and get the application letter, fill it in and submit.
Colleges offering agriculture courses in Kenya -Conclusion
To sum up, those are some of the colleges you can enroll in for an agriculture course in Kenya.
However, if you have any other institution in mind, just make sure you contact the institution to confirm if they offer the course you would like to take.
Additionally, contact the institution through their website for intakes and fee for the course of your choice.
Good luck in your selection!