This guide has the diploma in public health requirements in Kenya if this is the course you’re planning to enroll in.
Here in this article, I will take you through the entry requirements for the course, what the course entails, the job marketability and application process.
Additionally, we will also list a few of the institutions offering the course to better guide you when selecting the institution you would like to join to take the course.
But before then, it should be noted that KMTC is the only better place to study for this course.
Simply, this is the college you should apply to enroll for the course at the moment.
Having known that, continue reading this article for qualifications to enroll for a diploma in public health course in Kenya
Diploma in public health requirements in Kenya (diploma in public health course requirements)
So, what does public health course entails?
Well, a public health course is an educational program that covers various aspects of public health, which is the science and practice of protecting and improving the health of communities and populations.
In short, this is a course that is design to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the principles, theories, and practices related to public health, epidemiology, healthcare policy, and related fields.
Minimum entry requirements for Diploma in Public Health in Kenya
1. Pre- service programme
- KCSE mean grade of C plain in your KCSE.
Cluster Subjects requirements:
- C plain in either English or Kiswahili
- C plain in Biological Sciences/Biology
- Additionally, you must also have scored a C-minus in Maths and any one of these subjects: Chemistry, Physics/Physical Sciences
This course takes a duration of not less than 3 years to complete
2. Public Health (Upgrading from a Certificate to Diploma
To enroll for this course at this level, you must have a certificate in public health (Environmental Health Sciences).
Unlike the Pre- service Programme that takes 3 years, this takes 2 years to complete.
Now, what if you did not qualify for the diploma level?
Well, if this is the case, then you will have to start from the certificate level then you can upgrade to the diploma level later using your certificate in public health certificate.
Certificate in public health in Kenya qualifications
Below are the qualifications for certificate in public health in Kenya
Minimum entry requirements
- KCSE mean grade of C-minus
Mandatory Subjects requirements
- C-minus in English/Kiswahili,
- D+ plus in Biological Sciences/Biology.
- Also, you also need to have a D plain in Maths plus any one of these subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Home Science, Agriculture, Technical Drawing, Building Construction, Electricity, or Wood Work
Takes 2 years to complete
📣 Hey there! Are you looking for the best courses, top colleges and universities, career guidance, and exciting scholarship opportunities in Kenya? Look no further! Join our Facebook page to stay up-to-date with all the latest information and insights on these topics.
So Please follow Kenya Education Guide on Facebook here for more updates about best courses in Kenya, best colleges and Universities in Kenya, Career choice options, Scholarships in Kenya, etc
Now proceed reading below..👇
Diploma in public health requirements in Kenya-Chuka university
Well, KMTC is the best college to take this course in Kenya as I said above.
However, you can still take the course in Chuka university but please note that the entry requirements will are different
Minimum entry requirements for diploma in public health Chuka University
- KCSE mean grade of C-minus
- Additionally, you must also have a C plain in English/Kiswahili, Biology, Chemistry, and Math/Physics.
You can enroll for this course at Chuka university if you have a certificate in Public Health/Environmental Health from any recognized training institution.
So, before we look at the application process, lets fond out if tis course is worth pursuing in this section.
Is diploma in public health course marketable in Kenya?
Now, as you take this course in Kenya, it is worth noting that it is not very marketable in Kenya.
This is because most public health jobs in Kenya are by the county governments and the Ministry of Health.
To make my point clear, this course is not very marketable in Kenya since only a few other institutions apart from the government institution manage to hire graduates of public health.
So, you should note that before placing your application for this course.
Diploma in public health jobs in Kenya
- Public Health Officer
- Health Educator
- Community Health Worker
- Research Assistant
- Environmental Health Officer
- NGO or Non-profit Work
How to apply for this course through KUUCPS
To apply for this course through KUCCPS as a government sponsored student, below are the steps to follow.
- First, visit the KUCCPS website on net portal when the portal is open (usually announced in the social media platforms).
- Next “log in” by entering your KCSE Index Number, KCSE year, and your password (it usually either KCPE Index or Birth Certificate Number).
- Here, go ahead and revise or just make a new course application where necessary by clicking on the Application/revision tab on KUCCPS website.
- Now, confirm whether you have qualified for the course you have selected and if yes submit to finish the process.
Other than that, you can apply as a self-sponsored student directly to the college website for example KMTC website.
That is all we have for diploma in public health including certificate in public health.
Remember, the best institution to enroll for the course is KMTC.
However, if you do not get the opportunity there, you can also try Chuka university or even any other college you might have in mind.
But, always confirm and research about the institution offering the course before placing any application.
Remember, if you did not qualify for a diploma level you can always start with the certificate level and then keep upgrading to the diploma or even degree.
Good luck in your application!