Here is all you need to know about diploma in perioperative theatre technology in KMTC if this is where you are planning to enroll in for the course.
Simply, in this article, I will take you through what this course is all about, the entry requirements for the course, job prospects after completing the course and much more.
And just before we dive in, it is worth knowing that this cause is also known as diploma in Theatre Assistant by some people.
Let’s dive in.
Diploma in perioperative theatre technology in KMTC
Just before we look at any other details concerning the course, let us start by finding out what the course entails.
So, what is diploma in perioperative theatre technology?
To be precise, a diploma in perioperative theatre technology is a specialized healthcare program designed to train you to work as perioperative or operating room (OR) technicians (that is theater assistance).
Here, you play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth functioning of the surgical environment assisting surgeons during operation procedures with preparing the surgery room, assisting during surgery, cleaning surgical equipment, taking care of theatre equipment’s among other roles in theater.
Now, let us find out if KMTC offer Diploma in perioperative theatre technology?
As disappointing as this may sound, I have to tell you the truth that KMTC is currently not offering either diploma or certificate in Peri-operative theatre technology.
In short, you will have to find for alternative medical schools to enroll in for the course since KMTC does not offer the course.
Anyway, this should not get you worried because here in this article, I will guide you on some of the institutions you join and enroll for the course so that doesn’t mean you will have to change your course.
But before then, let us look at general entry requirements for the course in this section.
📣 Hey there! Are you looking for the best courses, top colleges and universities, career guidance, and exciting scholarship opportunities in Kenya? Look no further! Join our Facebook page to stay up-to-date with all the latest information and insights on these topics.
So Please follow Kenya Education Guide on Facebook here for more updates about best courses in Kenya, best colleges and Universities in Kenya, Career choice options, Scholarships in Kenya, etc
Now proceed reading below..👇
Entry requirements for this course
Minimum entry requirements:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade of C- Minus
- Additionally, you must have taken biology as one of your KCSE subjects.
You can enroll for this course if you a Certificate with pass in Perioperative theatre technology (it must be from a recognized institution)
Have any other related certificate from an accredited institution.
Your duties as theater assistance/ Operation Theatre Technician
- Assisting during Surgery for instance handing over a certain tool to the surgeon or nurse
- Arranging all surgical instruments to make sure they are in order before surgery
- Cleaning and sterilizing assorted instrumentation before surgery as trained during your studies
- Carrying out any surgeons’ commands before, during and after surgery
- Ensuring that all that all of the necessary surgical supplies are there and in enough quantities that everything is there during surgery.
- In addition, cleaning all the surgical instruments (that were used) after surgery
- Taking good care as instructed of all the anesthesia equipment
What can I do after diploma in perioperative theatre technology? /Job prospects after completing the course
After completing a diploma in perioperative theatre technology, you will have gained necessary skills and knowledge related to surgical procedures, operating room management, and surgical technology.
In short, you are open to several career opportunities in the healthcare sector.
So, you can work as:
- Perioperative Nurse
- Surgical Technologist
- Central Sterile Processing Technician
- Operating Room Assistant
- Instrument and Equipment Sales Representative
- Endoscopy Technician
- Instructor or Educator
Colleges offering diploma in perioperative theatre technology in Kenya (colleges offering diploma in operation theatre technology in Kenya)
As we said previously, KMTC does not offer any perioperative theater technology course.
That being so, I have come up with a list of medical institutions you can enroll for the course below as I promised you.
- Nyahururu Medical Training college
- PCEA Chogoria Mission Hospital’s Clive Irvine College
- Imperial college of medical and health science.
- AIC Litein Medical Training College
- The Nairobi Women’s Hospital College.
- Lake Lawrenzo Medical Training College (Nakuru)
- Sister Leonella Consolata Medical College.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Mutomo College of Health Sciences
- Our Lady of Lourdes Mutomo College of Health Science.
- Imperial College of Medical and Health Sciences
- The Outspan Medical College.
To wrap up on diploma in perioperative theatre technology in KMTC, you now know that KMTC does not offer the course in either certificate or diploma level.
However, I have put it clear that the course is offered by other medical institutions that I have listed some above.
for more information about the course in your institution of your choice, kindly consider contacting or visiting the institution.
As I summarize, it is worth noting that this course is not a marketable course as a nursing course.
Nevertheless, it is a much way better than other courses like health promotion and medical social work in the medical field.